For Parents

I want to know how my son is settling in and progressing at St Aloysius’

The College will host Student/Parent/Teacher conferences in Term I, which provide the opportunity to meet your son’s teacher and discuss how he is settling into his new school. If you would like to speak to your son’s teacher prior to Student/Parent/Teacher conference, please include a note in your son’s diary and the Classroom Teacher will contact you. Alternatively, you can email your son’s Classroom Teacher or contact Junior School Reception and leave a message. Please remember that teachers are in the classrooms and may not be able to contact you immediately.  

My son is experiencing some academic difficulty in the classroom

Contact your son’s Classroom Teacher and share your concerns. The teacher will contact you to discuss your concerns and may arrange an interview. Should your son require some assistance in a particular area, the Classroom Teacher will make the appropriate referrals to our Learning Enrichment staff. If you feel that your concerns have not been adequately addressed by the Classroom Teacher, then please contact Mrs Jennifer Walker, Head of Teaching & Learning in the Junior School. 

My son is experiencing some social or emotional difficulties at school

Contact your son’s Classroom Teacher and share your concerns. Encourage your son to speak to their teacher or another member of staff they feel comfortable with. The teacher will contact you to discuss your concerns and may arrange an interview. If the Classroom Teacher feels that your son may benefit from additional help they may refer your son to the Junior School Counsellor who will be able to assist. 

My son will be absent for the day

Please email to Junior School Reception to advise that your son will be away. Please contact the College by 9.00am.

My son is sick at school

If your son is unwell in the morning before leaving for school he should remain at home. Should he become unwell during the day he will be sent to the Junior School receptionist who will assess his condition. If he is too unwell to stay at school the receptionist will contact you to collect him from the College and take him home.

My son has a planned absence for an extended period of time

All requests for extended periods of leave must be made in writing to the Head of the Junior School by using the "Application for Exemption from Attendance at School” . The request should be made well in advance.

My son needs to attend an appointment and has to leave early

Please notify the College by phone or email.  Kindly also advise your son's Classroom teacher via email. You will need to collect your son from Junior School reception and he will need to signed out for the day.

My son has lost his Student Opal Card

You will need to apply for a new Student Opal Card on his behalf. Applications for new cards are processed online with NSW Transport. The online application form is available here

My son loses an item of uniform

Prior to commencing at the College please ensure that all items of clothing and personal belongings are clearly marked with your son’s name. Should your son lose an item of his belongings then he should check lost property or ask at reception if anything has been handed in. You can purchase uniform items from the Uniform Shop if you have a Bob Stewart Credit Account your son can purchase the uniform on his own without any money or credit card details. Your son will be required to sign on the invoice after every purchase, and an invoice will be sent to you from the Melbourne head office on a monthly basis. You are also able to order uniform online. For more information please visit the Uniform Shop.

Our family contact details change

Please notify the College immediately should any of your family contact details change. If there is a change to the family situation and there are Court Orders or other orders in relation to this change please ensure that the College is provided with a copy of those documents. Please forward an email to the College Registrar via email.