From 2017, St Aloysius’ College will offer a sibling discount for all families with three or more children enrolled at the College.
The College reserves the right, from time-to-time, to review and update this policy to take into account new laws, changes to the College’s operations and practices, and to make sure it remains appropriate to the changing circumstances of the College and its operations.
- The terms and conditions of the Sibling Discount Policy are as follows:
- A 20% discount will be applied to tuition fees for families with three or more children enrolled at the College simultaneously.
- A sibling is defined as any enrolled student who is related by birth or by marriage to another enrolled student at the College in that they form part of the same immediate family. These siblings must be defined as the dependents of the same parent(s) or guardian(s). This includes biological siblings, step-brothers and half-brothers. The Principal retains sole discretion for determining the eligibility of a sibling.
- Each eligible child will receive a discount of 20% only.
- The discount will apply to the third and subsequent children only.
- The discount will be applied to the youngest eligible children.
- The discount applies to the tuition fee only as set out in the College’s Schedule of Fees. There is no discount for the application or enrolment fee or other extras and charges (such as computer hire, private instrumental tuition, immersions or tours).
- The discount for the third and subsequent children cannot be used in conjunction with any other fee discount offered by the College, such as staff discount, bursary or fee assistance.
- Enrolment of siblings at the College is not automatic or guaranteed.
- When a sibling leaves the College for any reason (including graduation) and the family has less than three children enrolled at the same time, then fees will revert to the full amount for each student.
- Should a family in receipt of the sibling discount fall into arrears with payment of school fees, then the discount for the eligible children will cease unless an arrangement has been made with the Principal and the Director of Finance to clear the debt and ensure that all future fees are paid.
- This policy is subject to the College’s enrolment policy and procedures.
- Prior to the commencement of each Term, the Debtors’ Officer will produce a report to identify families with three or more children enrolled at the College.
- The 20% discount will be applied to the eligible student(s) and the report initialled by the Debtors’ Officer and the Director of Finance confirming eligibility and the application of the discount.The Tuition Fee invoice will disclose the applied discount.
- The Tuition Fee invoice will disclose the applied discount.
Purpose: To establish and define the criteria for a sibling discount on tuition fees at the College.
Responsible Executive: Principal
Contact Officer: Director of Finance
Effective Date: 1 January, 2017
Modification History: Created: 10 February, 2016
Last edited: 18 February, 2016
Next Review Date: 10 February, 2018