Saint Ignatius, the founder of the Jesuits, often used the phrase Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (for the greater glory of God). Ignatian Spirituality seeks to:
- Develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Seek and find God in all things;
- Engage a commitment to helping others, especially those in need;
- Discern how God is shaping the student’s interior life and moving in the world; and,
- In companionship with others, work to create God’s way on earth.
Ignatian spirituality is a way to pray, an approach to making decisions, a point of view about God, and a practical guide to everyday life. It insists that God is present in our world and active in our lives. It is a pathway to deeper prayer, good decisions guided by keen discernment, and an active life of service to others.
See below for some links to Ignatian Spirituality: